Saturday, August 22, 2009

The "Big Girl Bed"

Our friends have a little girl that is a week older than Braxtyn. Last week they made the big transition into a "big girl bed." I knew the time was coming, but are we ready? Bryan is still hanging onto his baby and I am too, don't get me wrong. But I do believe she is ready for the transition. So, I mentioned to Bryan today that we convert her crib. He was hesitate, but we did it. Braxtyn was so excited! I crawled in her bed and was quickly reminded that it was "Braky's bed!" She spent the afternoon in and out of the bed.

As nighttime approached, we got ready for bed. She took her bath, got her jammies on, brushed her teeth (so excited that is not a fight anymore), and ran to her room. She jumped right in bed, grabbed her packy and blankie. Mommy and Daddy both got hugs and kisses and told Braky nite-nite. Brax responded with, "no, play momma, play." Then Bryan responds with "what are we going to do if she doesn't stay in?" Well guys, I guess we will see how things go. As soon as we closed her door, we both ran to the our room to see her on the monitor. There our big girl was...drinking her milk, laying in her big girl bed! I am so proud of Braxtyn! What a big girl! Let's hope she makes it through the night!




No comments:

Post a Comment